SEO marketing is a phrase most professionals have heard, and for good reason. Its popularity is largely due to its success in the digital marketing world–SEO is the best way to raise your search rankings in Google.
We all know the value of using SEO marketing to induce organic traffic to our customer’s sites. Law firm SEO marketing is one of the very best ways to drive quality traffic to a law firm’s site.
With the right tweaks to website content, a substantial increase in website traffic could be viewed. This will not happen overnight — it requires time. To get the most from a website’s content, starting the search engine optimization process should happen sooner rather than later.
How Law Firm SEO Marketing Can Help a Practice
SEO marketing is more than just adding a few key phrases to site content. It is an intricate algorithm that uses many different factors.
The three most critical elements of law firm SEO marketing are:
- Domain-level link authority features: This measures the quality and quantity of inbound links. If a website has high-quality links, search engines see it as a trusted authority in the business.
- Page-level link features: Search engines measure the hyperlinks back to a single page on each site. The greater the quality and volume, the greater the website page will score.
- Page-level keyword and content features: Every page on a web site a part of their search engine algorithm. This measures the quality of site content like headers, body text, and graphics.
Why do we want to focus on these? These factors constitute over half of the ranking factors in Google’s SEO algorithm. This means a site should get high-quality content that provides value, and it ought to be optimized properly.
What is the worth of SEO? Besides potentially reducing the need for advertising spend, SEO Dallas is a relatively inexpensive way to drive traffic to a site. Additionally, it adds customer-value to a website. Think about these statistics:
- First-page clicks: in regards to results that are on the first page of a search engine, the best five organic results make up 67.6percent of all search clicks.
- Content development: The ideal SEO tactic is on-page content development. More than half of all advertising executives point to this as their most effective tactic.
- Keyword searches: Long-tail keyword searches result in a greater click-through speed than generic searches, at a speed of 3% to 5% higher.
Law firm SEO advertising can lead to higher page ranks and click-through prices, which ultimately contributes to more business for law firms. And it is not hard to do it right. SEO Dallas is always ready to help law firms who are seeking to get a higher rank and potential clients through the internet.
7 Law Firm SEO Marketing Best Practices for 2020
It can be tempting to throw a few keywords into website articles and hope for the best, but you can find far better ways to approach legislation firm SEO advertising.
These SEO marketing best practices offer insight into trends for 2020.
- Use keywords and phrases in headers
Google compares around 200 different facets in its SEO algorithm, and headers are just one way to raise the value of keywords and phrases. Use the keyword once in the H1 tag and use it again throughout the content if there are instances of H2 or H3 tags.
Secondary keywords can fit more naturally in headers. Consider variants on the keyword or similar phrases which may spark search results.
- Link back to relevant internal pages
Internal links help solidify and strengthen keywords, however, they need to be accomplished correctly. Use anchor text that complements the link. For a connection to a webpage titled “The Best Law Firms in Dallas,” consider using variations on the anchor text, “Dallas law firms.”
Linking to external websites is not as important. In reality, try to avoid using anchor text which competes with internal key terms and phrases.
- Optimize ALT text and picture file names
There are a few reasons to use ALT text if putting images on a website. First, it can help individuals who use accessibility to readers. Second, it is effectively the name of the document. This means utilizing the keywords in the ALT text may boost search engine success.
Image file names are both important. People regularly perform image searches and having relevant file names will help direct visitors to the ideal page on a website.
- Choose targeted keywords in the site content
Part of Google’s SEO algorithm is to examine the uniqueness of site content. Websites that have multiple pages with the same content aren’t rated as highly as those with unique content. Use targeted keywords through long-form content onto a site to improve SEO rankings.
Use keywords naturally throughout the content and attempt to find opportunities to put relevant internal hyperlinks throughout the site content.
- Concentrate on material authority at the beginning.
One of the principal factors in Google’s SEO algorithm would be hyperlinks back to a website from other reputable sources. It follows that a site needs to have expert-level content that other professionals find invaluable. Once authority was established, gaining traction will be simple.
Initially, it is going to require a while to acquire the articles noticed. Reach out to other business pros, network the content, and find ways to get the website in front of more people.
- Produce long-form content to enhance keyword positioning.
Even though great people can be said in just 500 words, longer material bits have a greater probability of gaining ground because they answer more questions. A 3,000-word blog contains more relevant information and keywords than a short piece, just be sure that quality does not suffer for greater word counts.
Long-form content is also useful for improving site authority, and there are numerous opportunities for keywords in the headers.
- Assess and revise phrases and keywords frequently
Although it does take time for SEO marketing to make results, it is good practice to frequently examine what keywords are being used and how they are doing for content on a website. Reports may show where there are chances for adding other relevant keywords.
Having access to site traffic data is the only way to observe how keywords are doing. Use SEO marketing tools to analyze content and traffic information.
Tips for Enhancing Law Firm SEO Marketing Efforts
Law firm SEO advertising best practices are only one part of the search engine optimization puzzle. Including links and keywords can certainly boost rankings, but website traffic and engagement are necessary for all those positions to stick. There are ways to increase readability which can improve how long men and women visit a site.
Use these 3 tips to enhance law firm SEO marketing efforts:
- Write naturally: Use shorter sentences when possible and try to use a pure tone and stream. Don’t force phrases or keywords into the content. Attempt to put them and where it’s most relevant.
- Do a keyword search: To boost SEO content, perform a keyword search in Google. Watch what other search phrases are comparable and use them as secondary keywords throughout the site.
- Read rival websites: When there are competitors that rank high, we recommend reading by using their content to see how it stacks up. Watch how they use headers and inner links in their content.
Writing for an easy reading experience is critical. If individuals have difficulty understanding content, they’ll quit reading. Use concise language and maintain the message relevantly.
How We Can Boost Law Business SEO Marketing Results
Most law firms don’t have a marketing professional on staff, but that is not necessary nowadays. The best SEO service for lawyers in Dallas can help put together a comprehensive SEO marketing plan that will increase traffic and boost conversions.
SEO Dallas offers a full suite of solutions such as content promoting, link building, and website design–most of which can be building blocks to enhancing traffic. We create high-quality content that helps build domain authority and we all understand SEO marketing best practices.
Mike Patel is a digital marketing enthusiast, innovator and President of a leading Digital and E-commerce Development Agency in Dallas, Texas. Mike holds a BS, Computer Science degree from Wayne State University and is a key player in the E-commerce development and digital marketing industry since 2004. The scope of technology in his extensive experience of more than 15 years ranges from Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce SEO (Search Engine Optimization), PPC (Pay Per Click) management, E-commerce SEO, Google Shopping Ads and more.